Why Infrared & Why Hot?
The Benefits of Infrared
- Reduces dust/emissions – Unlike forced air heating systems, our infrared radiant heating panels do not blow dust or allergens. They do not release any emissions, chemicals, or pollutants and help keep the air clean and clear.
- Therapeutic relief – Odds are you have experienced the soothing feeling of warm summer sun on your skin. Our heaters, like the sun, produce radiant heat waves that work to heat up water. Because the human body is made up of mostly water, this infrared heat transfers extremely effectively and can help gently increase blood circulation, flexibility, weight loss, and pain relief.
- Increased Flexibility – Because infrared heat is directly warming the muscles, it opens them up allowing for a greater range of motion. A study at Auburn University compared athletes stretching in a training room to how far they were able to stretch in an infrared sauna. Researchers concluded participants were able to stretch as much as three times their normal amount in the infrared environment. This will the body to relax, release tension, and open up.
- Increased Circulation – Infrared heat has been shown to stimulate blood flow by opening up the body’s capillaries. This has an incredible effect on the body and offers a variety of benefits. It can help lower blood pressure, oxygenate the organs and rid the body of toxins.
- Weight Loss – The human body has an impressive temperature regulation system. It wants to stay at a consistent temperature and it is willing to work very hard to ensure that happens. As the body heats up, its natural cooling system kicks in, which takes energy and burns calories. Infrared heat also increases metabolism between the blood and tissue, which also burns calories.
- Pain Relief – Infrared heat directly penetrates tissue, muscles and joints, allowing them to heal and regenerate. This is accomplished through a combination of the aforementioned increased circulation, oxygenation and detoxification. Infrared heat is incredibly useful for pain relief for both minor injuries and chronic ailments. It’s no surprise then that infrared heat is often the preferred method of many physical therapists, saunas and yoga studios around the world.
How Infrared Works
- Infrared or radiant heating is simply the transfer of heat from a warm object to a cooler object. The heat is a product of a completely safe spectrum of light that is invisible to our eyes.
- Just as the sun heats us our products radiate sun-like warmth to indoor or outdoor spaces, floors, and furniture, rather than heating the air.
- The Infrared Spectrum: Think of infrared light being on a spectrum from short wave to long wave, and visible light/temperature. The shorter the wave, the higher the temperature, the longer the wave, the lower the temperature. Short wave infrared: The sun, which has a surface temperature of 10.000F and is obviously visible. Medium wave infrared: A good example of this is our quartz heaters which have a faint glow and a maximum surface temperature of ~900F. Long wave infrared: The remainder of our infrared heaters, used for indoor applications (non-glowing) the flat panels fall into this category, with a temperature range of 170-425F. NOTE: Our body gives off heat at a wavelength of around 12 microns and our IR heaters emit a wavelength of 7-12 microns, therefore the body easily absorbs the heat in this wavelength, which easily heats water molecules (the human body is made up of ~60% water), and penetrates well below the skin, which is optimal for heating people at room temperature or hot yoga enthusiast alike!
- By comparison, systems like forced air, baseboard, and wall heaters only heat the air. Because warm air rises in the presence of cooler air, the heated air can be easily sucked away by drafts or wind and must be replaced frequently by more heated air in order to sustain ambient comfort. This all amounts to wasted energy and higher heating bills.
Eco Friendly / Green Heat
Our radiant heating products are healthier than traditional forms of heat, as they do not blow dust or allergens. They also do not need filters, fuels, ducts or pumps that require seasonal cleaning and maintenance. Plus, most of our products are proudly made in the USA, are 99-100% recyclable, and our heating panel products are recognized by LEED ratings!
The Benefits Hot
Why the Heat?
Hot Yoga: improves peripheral circulation, allows for greater range of movement in the joints, muscles and ligaments, speeds up the metabolism, improves the digestive system, promotes detoxification and elimination through the skin, improves T-cell function and the proper function of the immune system, and improves the nervous system so that messages are carried more efficiently to and from the brain.
Yoga practiced in a hot and challenging environment strengthens the mind’s stamina, perseverance, concentration, and determination. After a hot yoga class, the body leaves feeling lighter, cleaner, and more invigorated.
Benefits of practicing Yoga regularly include:
Lowers Blood Pressure
Full Body Detox
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Chronic Wound Healing
Raise Low Body Temperature
Stress Relief & Sleep Problems
Long Lasting Pain Relief
- Improve Circulation and Complexion
- Enhances Athletic Ability
- Promote Weight Loss, Maintain Body Weight
- Reduce Stress
- Strengthen and Tone the Body
- Increase Strength, Flexibility and Balance
- Increase Energy
- Decrease Back Pain and Prevent Injury
- Improve Posture and Alignment
- Relieve Mild Depression, Anxiety and Fatigue
- Improve Sleep
- Balance Mood, Increase Happiness
- Improve Sense of Well-Being
- Create Peace and Relaxation
- Promote Personal Growth and Self Awareness
- Better Mental Function and Focus
- Calm and Quiet the Mind
- Detoxify and Stimulate Organs and Glands
- Improve Metabolism
- Stimulate Central Nervous System
- Improve Immune Response
- Decrease: Glucose, Sodium, Total Cholesterol, Triglycerides
- Increases: HDL & LDL Cholesterol